General Information for Guests Accompanying Patients
- The surgical waiting area is for friends and family of all surgical patients. All visitors, patients, and their friends and family, should check in with the receptionist. Please make special arrangements for young children as long wait times can be difficult for them and create distractions to others guests.
- If you need to leave the waiting area, please notify the receptionist so the staff can locate you if you are needed.
- Surgical patients 17 years old or younger should have one parent or guardian in the waiting area at all times during surgery and while recovering from anesthetics.
- After being admitted, patients can wait with their friend or family in the waiting area until he/she is needed.
- As soon as the surgery is completed, you will be invited to a private area where the surgeon will discuss the procedure with you and provide an opportunity to ask questions. Please be available following surgery so that you do not miss your opportunity to meet with the surgeon.
- Following surgery, patients are cared for in the Post-Anesthetic Care Unit for at least one hour. Visitors are not permitted immediately following surgery while patients are recovering from anesthesia in this area.
- After recovering in the Post-Anesthetic Care Unit, the patient will be transferred to the Same-Day Surgery recovery area. Patients will spend about an hour here before being discharged.
- If the patient is able to have visitors during this time, a nurse will escort you to the recovery area where you are welcome to stay during the patient’s remaining recovery time.
Inpatients (Patients who will be staying at least one night in the hospital)
- After speaking with the doctor when surgery is complete, families are encouraged to wait for the patient in their room or the waiting area on the appropriate floor. You will not be notified from the recovery room when the patient is transferred to their hospital room.
- Ridgeview Medical Center properties are tobacco-free—outdoors and indoors. This tobacco-free policy enhances the patient experience; improves the health of our employees, patients and the communities we serve; and advances our mission as a health care organization.
Telephones and Pagers
- Phones are located by each lamp in the waiting room for local calls or credit card calls. Dial “9” to reach an outside line. Cell phones and pagers may be used in the waiting room, but please turn them off in patient care areas as they can interfere with medical devices.
To connect to the wireless network, you’ll need a device that has a wireless network card.
- Double-click on the wireless network connections and view the available wireless networks.
- Choose the GUEST network.
- Launch a browser (such as Internet Explorer).
- Some browsers may open a security alert. If you get this alert, click “yes.”
- You will be directed to an “acceptable use” policy page. After reading this information, click on the “accept” button.
- By default, you will be redirected to Ridgeview’s Web site.
Two restrooms, available for public use, are located across the hall from the Same-Day Surgery waiting area.
You are invited to visit the Ridgeview Cafeteria during your visit. It can be found by exiting the door by the Same-Day Surgery reception desk and walking down the hallway to the right. The cafeteria is located just before the elevators.
Hours: Breakfast, 6:45–10 a.m.; Lunch, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.; and
Dinner, 4:30–6:30 p.m. (4:30–6 p.m. weekends and holidays)
Two gift shops are available to Ridgeview visitors. The main-floor Gift Shop can be found near the main entrance to the hospital. The Ridgeview Lily Pad Boutique, carrying specialty items, is located on the 3rd floor near the Birthing Center.
Ridgeview offers its patients and visitors a chapel, Meditation Garden and Healing Garden as quiet places for reflection and prayer. Please ask your nursing staff for the chapel location and information on accessing the gardens. To reach a chaplain, please ask your nurse or call 952-442-2191, ext. 5529.
Ridgeview Home Health Services
Home care services can make a difference in people’s lives, following any surgical procedure. Learn more by calling 952-442-6030.