Ridgeview Rehab Specialties offers athletic training at all of our outpatient clinics to provide evaluation and rehabilitation of injuries to the physically active person.
If you work hard and play hard, you might have a tendency to overdo it and feel pain that does not go away with rest. Ridgeview Rehab Specialties has a program just for you!
Athletic Training is recognized as an allied health care profession by the American Medical Association. Athletic trainers are certified through the National Athletic Trainers’ Association, Board of Certification.
The state of Minnesota requires all athletic trainers to be registered with the state’s Board of Medical Practice. For more information about the athletic training profession, please visit the following Web sites: National Athletic Trainers' Association and Board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer.
The athletic trainer:
- Specializes in preventing, recognizing, managing and rehabilitating injuries sustained by physically active people (sport, recreational activity, fitness conditioning/training)
- Specializes in immediate emergency care of injury
- Is a medical expert in treating injuries that result from participation in physical activity
- Is an active part of a multi-disciplinary practice at Ridgeview. Our athletic trainers are responsible for evaluation and treatment of clients accessing the Rehab Specialties department.
- Specializes in sport movement analysis and sport performance.
Our sports medicine consultants are certified athletic trainers (ATCs) and/or physical therapists (PTs) who are trained as First Responders. These specialists work closely with your physician to provide the athletic care you need, when you need it. We provide sports rehab for athletes of all ages and abilities.
Our sports medicine consultants provide post-surgical rehabilitation, care and treatment for all sport-related injuries. They provide evaluations and recommendations that emphasize treatment, education and, ultimately, the prevention of future injury.
The Sports Medicine Program currently provides free in-clinic sports injury consultations, injury clinics and event coverage at many local academic institutions.
Academic Institutions We Serve
- Belle Plaine High School
- Central High School (NYA)
- Chanhassen High School
- Chaska High School
- Crown College
- Dassel-Cokato High School
- Delano High School
- Glencoe-Silver Lake High School
- Holy Family Catholic High School
- Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted High School
- Mayer Lutheran High School
- Sibley East High School
- Waconia High School
- Watertown-Mayer High School
- Laketown Gym