Ridgeview Medical Center offers a full range of advanced imaging services for hospital, emergency and ambulatory patients. Committed to excellence in image-based patient care, the department is staffed by an experienced team of radiologists, nurses, technologists, sonographers and medical physicist.
Ridgeview's Imaging services are available at Ridgeview Medical Center in Waconia, Two Twelve Medical Center in Chaska and Ridgeview Sibley Medical Center in Arlington. The Chaska location is an outpatient service (check with your insurance provider to see if there’s an opportunity for savings with this option). Using advanced imaging technology, the team is able to provide expert care in a wide variety of areas including:
- CT Scan (Waconia, Chaska and Arlington)
- CT Low-Dose Lung Cancer Screening (Waconia and Chaska)
- DEXA Bone Densitometry (Waconia and Arlington)
- Diagnostic X-ray (Waconia, Chaska and Arlington)
- Injections Lumbar, Thoracic and Cervical (Waconia and Chaska)
- Interventional Radiology Lumbar (Waconia)
- Mammography (Waconia, Chaska and Arlington)
- MRI (Waconia, Chaska and one day per week in Arlington with mobile unit)
- Nuclear Medicine (Waconia and one day per week in Arlington with mobile unit)
- Pain Management Injections (Waconia and Chaska)
- PET/CT (Waconia and Chaska)
- Ultrasound (Waconia, Chaska and three days per week in Arlington)
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound (Waconia)
- 3D Tomography (Waconia)
Imaging is the branch of medicine that uses electromagnetic radiation, radioactive materials and sound waves to create images of the body, its organs, internal structures, and function, for diagnosis and treatment.
Imaging, formerly known as radiology, began when x-rays were discovered just over 100 years ago and has evolved into a complex science with advanced technological equipment.
Equipped with the revolutionary 40- and 128-slice Siemens CT Scanners, Ridgeview Imaging Services offers highly advanced three-dimensional reconstructions of body organs and major blood vessels.
The 40-slice scanner is used for interventional procedures. This system provides on-demand live 3-D imaging to assist radiologists in biopsy guidance. The 128-slice scanner is equipped with the necessary software for cardiac CT. Both scanners have specially designed software that reduces patient dose by 30 percent or more, dependent on the part of the anatomy that is scanned. Ridgeview is a participant in Image Wisely, with a focus on radiation safety in medical imaging. Ridgeview is also accredited through the American College of Radiology.
Ridgeview’s superb technology directly benefits patients and families through shorter scan times, higher-quality scans and quick turnaround on reports.
For patients interested in access to their radiology reports online, please visit the Family Health Portal to create an account or find your information.