Preparation for Endoscopy Procedures
To prepare for your appointment, follow all of the instructions provided to you by your physician's office. If you did not receive any instructions, please contact your physician's office. Each procedure requires preparation. In general, you must:
- Bring with you a list of medications you are currently taking
- Bring your inhaler(s) if you have asthma
- Refrain from using perfumes and colognes on the day of your procedure
- Contact your doctor if you are taking any of the following medications
- Blood thinners (persantine, aspirin, coumadin, plavix, ticlid)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (Advil, Motrin, Aleve, ibuprofin)
- Insulin or hypoglycemia pills
- St. John’s Wort (herbal medicine)
Arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home, as you will still be experiencing the effects of the sedation. You should also have someone monitor you for the rest of the day to report any complications.You should expect to be at the GI Center for about two to three hours. Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee exact times due to varying procedure lengths and physician availability. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Monday – Friday,
7 a.m. to 4 p.m.