Ridgeview's Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is designed to assist patients in improving their quality of life through better health education, counseling and exercise training.
Ridgeview's Phase II (insurance and Medicare reimbursed) Cardiac Rehabilitation team of highly trained cardiac team, directed by a staff cardiologist, provide sensitive specialized care to support a patient's rehab needs.
Certified since 2000, Ridgeview's program has met the essential requirements and standards of care established by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
- Increase patient heart endurance through exercise
- Provide support and educational resources about cardiovascular disease, risk factors, nutrition, stress, medications and more
- Assist the participant and family in dealing with the physical and emotional changes associated with cardiovascular disease
Ridgeview offers weekly education and support sessions for patients, family members and significant others to discuss rehabilitation. All sessions are facilitated by a team of Ridgeview staff including nurses, nutrtionists, social workers, pharmacists and exercise therapists. In addition, Ridgeview Medical Center partners with the Minneapolis Heart Institute® to provide cardiologist oversight from its medical director.
Topics addressed are:
- Angina (chest pain)
- Lifestyle modifications
- Stress and relaxation
- Risk factors of heart disease
- Anatomy and the heart's electrical system
- Areas of concern and interest to you
Cardiac rehab sessions are specifically designed and conducted at Ridgeview three days a week. The length of the program, based on reaching individual goals, will be determined by each participant, and his or her cardiac rehab team and physician. The equipment used in these sessions may include: treadmills, exercise bikes, recumbent steppers, arm ergometers, elliptical and resistance training. The patient's blood pressure, heart rate and rhythm are continuously monitored. Patient progress is shared with his or her primary physician/cardiologist.
Who is eligible?
Ridgeview's Cardiac Rehabilitation program helps you live a healthy, active life after a cardiac event. It's a carefully planned program to receive better health education, counseling and exercise training. Conditions covered by Medicare and most insurance providers include:
- Stable angina
- Heart attack
- Coronary bypass surgery
- Heart valve repair/replacement
- Coronary angioplasy and/or stend
- Heart or heart-lung transplant
- Other heart failure conditions that meet specific criteria
A physician referral is needed to participate. For more information, ask your doctor or contact Ridgeview's Cardiac Rehabilitation department at 952-777-4702.