Statement of nondiscrimination
Ridgeview and its clinics comply with applicable federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or sex. Ridgeview does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters, and
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters, and
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, ask a member of your care team.
For language or communication help:
Call 1-866-879-1185 if you need language or other communication help.
If you have questions about our non-discrimination policy, contact Ridgeview’s Patient Access Manager at 952-442-2191.
If you believe that Ridgeview has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or sex, you can file a grievance with:
500 S. Maple St.
Waconia, MN 55387
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax or email. If you need help filing a grievance, the Ridgeview Compliance Officer can help you. Call 952-442-2191.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index/html.