Ridgeview Waconia and Chaska Campuses Renewed as Acute Stroke Ready Hospitals
Ridgeview is pleased to announce that its Waconia and Chaska hospital campuses’ designation as Acute Stroke Ready Hospitals (ASRH) by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has been renewed. ASRH Designation requires an Acute Stroke Team available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at both Ridgeview’s Waconia Campus and Chaska Campus. The MDH partners with the American Heart Association, hospitals, EMS agencies and others to implement this coordinated system of care for Minnesotans. ASRH designation is important for our community. Watch how Pat Neaton, was receiving quality care in less than 10 minutes after suffering a stroke.
Did you know...
- Someone in the United States has a stroke every 40 seconds. Every 4 minutes, someone dies of stroke.
- About 185,000 strokes—nearly 1 of 4—are in people who have has a previous stroke.
- Stroke-related costs in the United States came to nearly $46 billion between 2014 and 2015.
- At Ridgeview, we cared for more than 200 patients who had experienced a stroke through our hospitals and emergency departments in 2021.
Neaton considers himself one of the lucky ones. Learn more about our neurology program and how you can make a difference to patients like Neaton by making a donation.
- Virani SS, Alonso A, Benjamin EJ, Bittencourt MS, Callaway CW, Carson AP, et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics—2020 update: a report from the American Heart Associationexternal icon. Circulation. 2020;141(9):e139–e596.