Congrats to our 2020 Ridgeview Health Care Scholarship Recipients!
Elizabeth Hilgers - Belle Plaine
Hannah Stieve - Employee Child – Central (Norwood Young America)
Erin Schultz - Central (Norwood Young America)
Timothy Coenen - Chanhassen
Lillian Halvorson - Chaska
Ella Madson - Delano
Hannah Panitzke - Gibbon Fairfax Winthrop (GFW)
Alexis Winfrey - Glencoe-Silver Lake
Abigial Smith - Holy Family (Victoria)
Emma Fury - Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted
Josie Dolezal - Lester Prairie
Lauren Gregersen - Le Sueur-Henderson
Ashley Schwichtenberg - Mayer Lutheran
Macie Anundson - Minnetonka
Kate McGown - Mound-Westonka
Daniel Vanoverbeke - Orono
Lillian Beneke - Sibley East
Olivia Schultz - Southwest Christian (Chaska)
Jameson Langer - Waconia
Gracelyn Ferguson - Watertown Mayer
Ridgeview Health Care Scholarship
Each year, Ridgeview offers $2,000 scholarships to area college-bound high school seniors interested in pursuing a career in the health care field. Beginning in 2018, the Ridgeview Health Care Scholarship Program expanded to a system-wide program that now supports all three of our hospitals: Ridgeview Medical Center, Ridgeview Sibley Medical Center and Ridgeview Le Sueur Medical Center. The three hospitals work together to award scholarships to one student from each of the 20 local area high schools in the Ridgeview service area. Additionally, there is one scholarship awarded to a nontraditional high school student, as well as a scholarship for a son or daughter of a Ridgeview employee.
Recipients are selected by members of the Scholarship Committee according to the following criteria:
- Must be pursuing one of the predefined health care career choices (see below)
- Must have a high school GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must be involved with school or community volunteer activities
- Must plan on enrolling in a postsecondary school, public or private, in the fall of 2021
- Complete application here
All interested and eligible students are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the above criteria. To be eligible for the Ridgeview Health Care Scholarship, the following components must be submitted:
- Completed Student Application (includes an essay of no more than 500 words)
- Two letters of recommendation from a person who can attest to your academic achievement, overall character and motivation
Applications will be reviewed by members of the Ridgeview Scholarship Committee, who will collectively determine scholarship recipients.
A certificate and award letter will be presented to each scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship payment will be made directly to the institution’s business office after students complete their first semester (or second quarter) of post-secondary school.
- Students must send a transcript of their first semester grades (or first and second quarter grades) and a copy of a tuition invoice to Ridgeview Foundation.
- Ridgeview Foundation may choose to revoke the scholarship if the student does not achieve a minimum of a “C” (2.0) average.
- athletic trainer
- certified registered nurse anesthetist
- health information technician
- health unit coordinator
- licensed practical nurse
- medical assistant
- medical lab technician
- medical records technologist
- medical transcriptionist
- occupational therapist
- pharmacy technician
- physical therapist
- physician assistant
- radiological technologist (including CT or MRI technologist, sonographer/ultrasound technologist, nuclear medicine technologist, mammographer)
- registered nurse
- respiratory care practitioner
- social worker
- speech therapist
- surgical technician or ultrasound technician
To determine eligibility of other health care professions not on this list, please call 952-442-6010.
- Belle Plaine
- Central (Norwood Young America)
- GFW (Gibbon, Fairfax, Winthrop)
- Glencoe-Silver Lake (GSL)
- Holy Family Catholic (Victoria)
- Holy Trinity (Winsted)
- Howard Lake–Waverly–Winsted
- Lester Prairie
- Le Sueur–Henderson (LSH)
- Mayer Lutheran
- Mound Westonka
- Nontraditional High School (student must live in Ridgeview service area)
- Sibley East
- Southwest Christian (Chaska)
Please contact Aspen Schmidt, development coordinator, at 952-442-6010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Funding for the Ridgeview Health Care Scholarship Program is generously provided by Ridgeview Foundation’s Friends & Family Committee, Ridgeview Sibley Foundation, Ridgeview LeSueur Axillary Group and an anonymous community donor.