Watch our video tour below and see why Ridgeview’s Birthing Center stands out among birthing centers throughout the Twin Cities and beyond.
Ridgeview’s Birthing Center is a special place to delivery your baby. It’s a beautiful, nurturing and inviting setting where mom and baby are supported by an experienced team of providers who genuinely care that you receive the very best birthing experience—unique to your individual desires.
You’re more than a patient; you’re treated like family.
Ridgeview’s Birthing Center Features:
- Six birthing suites with full-sized bathtubs, supporting the option to labor and deliver in water (aided by certified nurse midwives)
- 18 private "spa-like" postpartum suites with hotel-like décor and amenities
- Breastfeeding guidance and follow-up support by nationally-recognized lactation specialists
- Concierge room service for lactation supplies
- Advanced technology for fetal monitoring and infant security
- Neonatal Care Unit for fragile infants needing more advanced care
- Gift shop located on the main floor near the hospital entrance
Family-Centered Cesarean Deliveries
Ridgeview offers the option for a family-centered cesarean delivery for women who have planned and/or scheduled cesarean deliveries. Mothers can view the birth through a clear drape with immediate skin-to-skin contact with baby—promoting early bonding and enhancing the surgical experience.
Options for Pain Relief
Ridgeview offers choices for pain relief—including nitrous oxide. Other alternatives include: epidural, IV pain medicine and hydrotherapy (shower or bath tub). Women who choose nitrous oxide can also later request an epidural or other pain relief.
To help us prepare for your delivery, please complete your pre-admission form as soon as you have made your decision to deliver at Ridgeview or by your fifth month of pregnancy.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Ridgeview remains committed to providing you with education and support for your upcoming childbirth experience. Although we are not able to offer in-person education at this time, you are invited to request a FREE copy of The Gift of Motherhood or sign up to attend Ridgeview's Online Prenatal Education course.