Every year our laboratory staff performs thousands of tests—each one carefully conducted using the highest standards of quality to ensure accurate results. At Ridgeview, we understand our test results are the basis by which your physician makes a diagnosis and recommends a treatment. We take our work seriously, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Ridgeview Laboratory offers full-service laboratory services. Our laboratory uses state of the art equipment to provide rapid and accurate laboratory testing services. Ridgeview Laboratory serves the Arlington, Le Sueur and Waconia campuses as well as Two Twelve Medical Center in Chaska, all Ridgeview clinics and the community, area nursing homes, health fairs, schools and the Memorial Blood Centers. Visit Ridgeview's Laboratory Catalog for more information.
- Laboratory testing
- Blood bank (immunohematology)
- Electrocardiographs (ECG)
- Reference laboratory
- Outpatient Services
- Sperm preparation for insemination
- Health screenings
Customer Service and Hours
Our customer service center can answer your questions regarding test procedures and when test results will be available. Our laboratory is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. STAT services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
Providing the highest-quality laboratory services is our top priority. Accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), our laboratory is under the medical direction of a pathologist and is staffed by highly trained laboratory staff who adhere to strict standards of practice provided by:
- AABB, an international, nonprofit association consisting of approximately 8,000 individuals and 2,000 institutions. The association and its members promote the voluntary donation of blood. Its member facilities are responsible for collecting virtually all of the nation’s blood supply and transfusing more than 80 percent.
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Certified as a highly complex laboratory under Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) ID# 24D0400865
Testing not performed at Ridgeview Laboratory is sent to one of the following reference laboratories:
- Mayo Medical Laboratories (this is our primary reference laboratory)
- LabCorp (ViroMed) Laboratories for virology and serology testing
- Methodist Pathway Laboratories for histology special staining, mycology, parasitology and cytology testing.
- MedTox Laboratories for drug screens
What is a pathologist?
Pathologists are physicians who interpret and diagnose the changes caused by disease in tissues. Ridgeview’s laboratory medical director is a pathologist (MD) who is certified in anatomic and clinical pathology by the American Board of Pathology.
What is a histologist?
Histologists are the people who prepare tissue samples used to diagnose disease. Ridgeview’s pathology assistant is a certified histotechnician or equivalent. They are accountable for the day-to-day operation of the histology laboratory.
What is a phlebotomist?
Phlebotomists are the people who draw blood samples from hospital inpatients and outpatients. At Ridgeview, they are responsible for performing phlebotomy assignments on hospital inpatients, outpatients and nursing home residents.
What is an ECG tech?
Ridgeview’s ECG techs have completed ECG training. They are the people who perform electrocardiograms and assist with cardiac stress tests. In our laboratory they also provide customer service.
What is a laboratory technician and technologist?
They perform laboratory tests on blood, body fluid and other specimens, providing crucial information for health care decisions.