Telehealth Visits Available at all Ridgeview Clinics
Ridgeview has now implemented telehealth visits at all clinic locations. Patients can have face-to-face interaction with a Ridgeview health care provider from the comfort of their home or office using a phone, tablet or computer.
What is Telehealth?
You can connect with your provider with an audio (telephone) or audio & video (tele-video) visit by using your phone, tablet or computer. This is not something new to health care, but has quickly become the best and safest way to seek care—allowing health care providers to treat patients while mitigating the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable illnesses.
What Types of Visits are Best for Telehealth?
Not all appointments are appropriate for a telehealth visit, so please talk to your Ridgeview scheduler to learn more. Here are some general guidelines:
- For individuals with an underlying health issue, staying isolated in your home is the safest option (i.e. heart disease, diabetes, emphysema, asthma, etc.).
- For healthy, relatively low-risk individuals with specific health concerns, it may be reasonable to keep an in-clinic appointment. Please call your clinic to discuss your options.
- For routine appointments such as annual wellness exams or physicals, it is safest to postpone your visit.
- For medication refills, please call your clinic and ask to speak to a triage nurse.
How to Get Started.
If you choose a telehealth visit, we will help you set up your device and prepare for your upcoming visit. Please call your primary or specialty care clinic to schedule your appointment and get started.
Your clinic will call you 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to prepare you for your visit.
For a video visit, you will need an active email account AND a smartphone. We have selected Microsoft Teams as our video visit platform. Prior to your visit, you will receive an email with instructions for downloading the MS Teams app to your phone. It must be installed in advance of your visit.
1. Ensure your phone is connected to Wi-Fi and has a good signal.
2. Review the instructions provided to install the Microsoft Teams app on your Android or iPhone.
3. Once you have the application downloaded, there is no further action you need to take until your appointment.
*If you need technical assistance please call 952-777-5066 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.).
On the day of your appointment, you will receive a meeting invitation in your email with a link to MS Teams.
Is Telehealth Covered by Insurance?
Telehealth visits are billed and covered in the same way as face-to-face office visits. It is likely that your insurance company will cover your telehealth visits at the same rate as an office visits. Please inquire directly to your insurance company to confirm coverage.