New Visitor Restrictions Effective Nov. 19, 2020 for all Ridgeview Hospitals and Clinics
To keep our patients, team members and community safe, Ridgeview has revised its visitor guidelines due to the progression of coronavirus (COVID-19) effective Nov. 19, 2020.
Adult Inpatient Units, Observation Rooms and Swing-bed units: No visitors permitted.
Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Surgical and Procedural Areas:
- Patients with altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have one healthy and masked visitor as determined necessary by provider.
Obstetrics, Pediatrics and Neonatal Care Units: (NCU)
- Birthing Center - one healthy support person (spouse or partner) permitted. For pediatric patients (less than 18 years of age) - two parents or legal guardians only. No other children permitted.
- For NCU - two healthy parents or legal guardians are welcome at all times and not considered visitors. No other children permitted.
- Only when necessary, one person (legal guardian, parent of a minor, health care decision-maker, or designated support person for someone with a disability) may escort a patient to their outpatient/clinic appointment
Guidelines for all visitors/support persons:
- Must be 18 years of age or older and healthy
- Will be screened for fever and signs of illness upon arrival (support/visitors who screen positive are not allowed)
- Required to wear a cloth face mask or appropriate PPE as directed at all times or asked to remain in the patient's room for duration of the visit or designated area.
- Visitors should not remain in common areas (example, assisting patient to visit). Visitors are to wait outside the facility whenever possible.
- Cafeteria is closed to visitors.
- Vendors, contractors, suppliers and deliveries necessary for business are allowed to enter and not considered visitors but must check-in and be screened.