Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Ridgeview's Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is designed to help you improve your quality of life through better health education, counseling and exercise training.
Who is eligible?
Ridgeview's Cardiac Rehabilitation program helps you live a healthy, active life after a cardiac event. It's a carefully planned program to receive better health education, counseling and exercise training. Conditions covered by Medicare and most insurance providers include:
- Stable angina
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Heart valve repair/replacement
- Coronary angioplasty and/or stent
- Heart or heart-lung transplant
- Other heart failure conditions that meet specific criteria
A physician referral is needed to participate. For more information, ask your doctor or contact Ridgeview's Cardiac Rehabilitation department at 952-777-4702.
Ridgeview's Phase II (insurance and Medicare reimbursed) Cardiac Rehabilitation team is directed by a staff cardiologist and provides sensitive specialized care to support your rehabilitation needs.
Certified since 2000, Ridgeview's program has met the essential requirements and standards of care established by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
- Increase your heart endurance through exercise
- Provide support and educational resources about cardiovascular disease, risk factors, nutrition, stress, medications and more
- Assist you and your family in dealing with the physical and emotional changes associated with cardiovascular disease
Ridgeview offers weekly education and support sessions for you, your family members and significant others to discuss rehabilitation. All sessions are facilitated by a team of Ridgeview staff including nurses, nutritionists, social workers, pharmacists and exercise therapists. In addition, Ridgeview partners with the Minneapolis Heart Institute® to provide cardiologist oversight from its medical director.
Topics addressed are:
- Angina (chest pain)
- Lifestyle modifications
- Stress and relaxation
- Risk factors of heart disease
- Anatomy and the heart's electrical system
- Areas of concern and interest to you
Cardiac rehab sessions are specifically designed and conducted at Ridgeview's Waconia campus three days a week. Your cardiac rehab team and physician will determine the length of your program, based on reaching your individual goals. The equipment used in these sessions may include:
- Exercise bikes
- Recumbent steppers
- Arm/leg ergometers
- Light weight training
Your blood pressure, heart rate and rhythm are continuously monitored. Your progress is shared with your primary physician/cardiologist.