What you need to know about your Wellness Visit covered by Medicare
What is a Medicare Wellness Exam?
A Medicare Wellness exam is an evaluation of your health that is covered by Medicare once per year.
What to expect?
Review and update current medications, medical history, family history, social history, diet and physical activity.
- Check height, weight, body mass index (BMI), blood pressure vision
- Safety and fall prevention
- Update Care Team and review treatment recommendations
- Receive personalized care plan
What I need to know:
Medicare Part B covered
- Welcome to Medicare
- First annual Medicare Wellness Exam
- Subsequent annual Medicare Wellness Exam
Additional medical tests and services are still available to you and additonal time may be scheduled during your appointment to discuss new or existing health concerns, but an additional cost will be charged to your insurance.
What is paid for by the patient out-of-pocket or covered by supplimental insurance policy:
- Evaluation of any new or existing problem
- Renewing history of problem
- Ordering exams or labs your provider determines necessary
- Recommending management of a problem
- Reviewing and/or refilling prescription medication
- Getting a "head-to-toe" physical exam