Free Online Seminar
Before meeting with a bariatric surgeon, you must complete a free seminar. You have the option of attending the seminar in person (find a class date) or watching our online seminar.
We will also need an intake form and insurance information to verify benefits and qualifications for surgery.
The seminar takes about 45 minutes in length, and provides an overview of the risks associated with obesity, surgical options, risks of bariatric surgery versus obesity itself, the preparation process and what to expect after surgery.
The problem of obesity
- Risks and associated medical problems
- Body Mass Index (BMI) and criteria for surgery
- Weight loss success and how surgery helps
- Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and Adjustable Gastric Banding
- Advantages and disadvantages of each procedure
- Potential complications and side effects
Preparation for surgery
- Nutrition, exercise and mental health consults
- Pre-operative testing
- Making changes before surgery
What to expect after surgery
- Nutrition and exercise
- Getting back to work
- Vitamin supplementation
- Other issues including alcohol use, pregnancy and follow up
Video and Intake Forms
When you have watched the seminar, complete the intake form and make copies of your insurance card(s). Mail these forms to Ridgeview and we will review the documents and respond to you within two weeks.
Please mail your forms to:
111 Hundertmark Road Suite 115N
Chaska, MN 55318
Or scan and email them to:
Please turn your audio on for this presentation.