Free Online Seminar
Before meeting with a bariatric surgeon, you must complete a free seminar. You have the option of attending the seminar in person (find a class date) or watching our online seminar.
We will also need an intake form and insurance information to verify benefits and qualifications for surgery. The intake form is available to download and print while viewing the seminar.
We are unable to accept electronic intake forms at this time, so you will need access to a printer to complete the online process. If you are not able to access a printer, please call the clinic at 952-442-7820 and ask to be mailed a paper intake form.
The seminar takes about 45 minutes to watch and explains the problems associated with obesity, the surgical options, risks of bariatric surgery versus obesity itself, the preparation process and what to expect after surgery.
The problem of obesity
- Risks and associated medical problems
- Body Mass Index (BMI) and criteria for surgery
- Weight loss success and how surgery helps
- Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and Adjustable Gastric Banding
- Advantages and disadvantages of each procedure
- Potential complications and side effects
Preparation for surgery
- Nutrition, exercise and mental health consults
- Pre-operative testing
- Making changes before surgery
What to expect after surgery
- Nutrition and exercise
- Getting back to work
- Vitamin supplementation
- Other issues including alcohol use, pregnancy and follow up
Video and Intake Forms
Once you have watched the seminar, fill out the intake form and make copies of your insurance card(s). Mail these forms to us and we’ll review everything and get back to you within a week or two.
You can mail your forms to:
Ridgeview Bariatric & Weight Loss Center
111 Hundertmark Road Suite 115N
Chaska, MN 55318
Or scan and email them to:
Please turn your audio on for this presentation.