Recipe: Grilled Shrimp Greek Salad
Total Time: 30 minutes, 4-6 servings
- 1 pound fresh or frozen large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups whole fresh baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in to thin wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
Greek Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare the grill.
- Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels.
- Place shrimp in a small bowl; add garlic, lemon zest, butter and salt. Toss to combine. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Combine spinach, romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, olives and red onion in a medium bowl; toss to combine. Set aside.
- Thread shrimp onto 4 8-inch skewers, leaving a 1/4-inch space between shrimp.
- Place skewers on the prepared grill and cook for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling.
For the vinaigrette:
- Combine all ingredients in container of food processor fitted with metal blade; cover and process until well blended.
- Arrange greens in large serving platter.
- Top with feta cheese and grilled shrimp.
- Drizzle with Greek Vinaigrette.