Apply Now to Volunteer
Between Ridgeview Medical Center, Two Twelve Medical Center and Ridgeview Sibley Medical Center, there are many volunteer positions avaiilable. All locations provide a warm and friendly environment for volunteers to serve. To protect the health of our patients, all Ridgeview volunteers are required to complete a health screening and background check, inlcuding fingerprints. The director of Volunteer Services will work to find an available opportunity to fit your particular schedule, skills and area of interest. We do ask our volunteers to commit to 100 hours of service per calendar year. Shifts are generally four hours, beginning as early as 7:30 a.m. and vary according to position.
The steps to become a volunteer are quite simple:
- Contact Volunteer Services either by email at email@example.com or by calling 952-777-4190. You will be provided with a brochure about the program as well as a volunteer application. Or, you can apply online. NOTE: Minors under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a consent form. This will be provided once the application has been reviewed.
- Participate in an informal phone interview to further review your interests and time availability.
- Meet with the director of Volunteer Services to identify volunteer opportunities that fit your schedule, skills and area of interest.
- Successfully complete a health screening to learn your current immunity to measles, mumps and rubella along with chicken pox. You will also be assessed for the presence of active tuberculosis. NOTE: If immunizations are required, it will be the responsibility of the prospective volunteer to receive and pay for the immunizations in order to volunteer.
- Successfully complete a background study and miscellaneous orientation documentation. This will be further explained during the process.
- When you are ready to begin volunteering, you will receive a uniform, badge and training for your position.