Ridgeview Foundation Health Care Scholarship application deadline is March 10
Each year, Ridgeview Foundation offers scholarships to area college-bound high school seniors interested in pursuing a career in the health care field. Scholarships of $2,000 each will be awarded to one student from each of 16 area schools in the Ridgeview service area. An additional scholarship is available for a son or daughter of a Ridgeview employee. Scholarship applications must be submitted or postmarked by no later than 8 p.m. on March 10, 2017.
Please note that the following students are not eligible for the Ridgeview Foundation Health Care Scholarship:
- Children of Ridgeview Director level or above
- Children of Ridgeview physicians & affiliated physicians
Funding for this scholarship program is generously provided by Ridgeview Friends & Family (RFF), the Foundation’s largest giving club, with more than 1,000 members who annually give $100 or more in support of Ridgeview or who participate in the Employee Giving Program.
Recipients are selected by members of the Scholarship Committee according to the following criteria:
- Student must attend one of the eligible schools or be a child of a Ridgeview employee.
- Student must plan to pursue one of the pre-defined health care career choices (see list).
- Student must have a high school GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Student should be involved with school or community volunteer activities.
- Student must plan to enroll in a post-secondary school, public or private, in the fall after he or she graduates high school.
All interested and eligible students are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the above criteria. Applications will be available online between Feb. 1 and March 10, 2017. For additional information, please call Shannon Mattson at Ridgeview Foundation, 952-442-8061, or email to Shannon.email@example.com.
To be eligible for the Ridgeview Foundation Health Care Scholarship, the following components must be submitted:
- Completed Student Application (includes an essay of no more than 500 words)
- Two letters of recommendation from a person who can attest to your academic achievement, overall character and motivation.
Complete the application at this link.
Applications must be electronically submitted to Ridgeview Foundation or postmarked no later than 8 p.m. on March 10, 2017 to:
490 S. Maple Street, Suite 110
Waconia, MN 55387
Applications will be reviewed by members of the Ridgeview Foundation Scholarship Committee, who will collectively determine scholarship recipients.
A certificate and award letter will be presented to the scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship payment will be made directly to the institution’s business office after students complete their first semester (or second quarter) of post-secondary school.
- Students must send a transcript of their first semester grades (or first and second quarter grades and a copy of a tuition invoice to Ridgeview Foundation at the above address.
- Ridgeview Foundation may choose to revoke the scholarship if the student does not achieve a minimum of a “C” (2.0) average.
Eligible Area High Schools
Belle Plaine, Central (NYA), Chanhassen, Chaska, Delano, Holy Trinity (Winsted), Holy Family (Victoria), Howard Lake-Waverly-Winstead, Lester Prairie, Mayer Lutheran, Minnetonka, Mound Westonka, Orono, Southwest Christian HS (Chaska), Waconia and Watertown, Child of Ridgeview Medical Center employee
Scholarship recipients must pursue one of the following health care careers: athletic trainer, certified registered nurse anesthetist, dietitian/nutritionist, health information technician, health unit coordinator, licensed practical nurse, medical assistant, medical lab technician, medical records technologist, medical transcriptionist, occupational/physical or speech therapist, paramedic/EMT/emergency dispatcher, pharmacist, pharmacy technician, physician, physician assistant, radiological technologist, registered nurse, respiratory care practitioner, social worker, surgical technician. Questions on other fields not listed here may be directed to Shannon Mattson at the contact information above.