Local physicians named 'Best Doctors for Women' by Minnesota Monthly magazine
Waconia, Minn.—Jan. 3, 2013—Gail Bender, MD, Ridgeview Specialty Clinic–Oncology; Kent Forss, MD, Ridgeview Anesthesia Associates; Sheila Seats, MD, Ridgeview Westonka Clinic; and Mary Trites, MD, Ridgeview Delano Clinic, are among the 408 doctors named to the 2013 “Best Doctors for Women” list by Minnesota Monthly magazine. Numerous Ridgeview-associated doctors—those who practice at or consult with staff at Ridgeview Medical Center in Waconia—were also recognized.
To determine who is honored, 10,000 doctors in the seven-county metro area were asked to nominate three doctors in more than 40 different specialties and subspecialties. The American Board of Medical Specialties selected the medical practices from their list of approved medical specialty boards, but with a preference of specialties that female patients are interested in. In total, over 1,000 doctors were named, but only 408 doctors collected enough votes to be acknowledged.
Ridgeview and Ridgeview-associated physicians listed in Minnesota Monthly’s 2013 “Best Doctors for Women” include:
- Ellen Bendel-Stenzel, MD, Minnesota Neonatal Physicians, PA
- Gail Bender, MD, Oncology/Hematolog, Ridgeview Specialty Clinic–Oncology
- Susan Bowers, MD, Western Suburban Pathology Consultants
- Nancy Cooley, MD, Western OB/GYN Women’s Health Center, Ltd.
- Kent Forss, MD, Ridgeview Anesthesia Associates
- Audrey Fox, MD, Lakeview Clinic, Ltd.
- Sarah Freitas, MD, Western OB/GYN Women’s Health Center, Ltd.
- Emanuel Gaziano, MD, Minnesota Perinatal Physicians
- David Gross, MD, Consulting Radiologists
- Jessica Heiring, MD, Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology
- Ronald Hoekstra, MD, Minnesota Neonatal Physicians, PA
- Andraya Huldeen-Tibbetts, MD, Western OB/GYN Women’s Health Center, Ltd.
- Bonnie Landrum, MD, Minnesota Neonatal Physicians, PA
- Mark LaRose, MD, Lakeview Clinic, Ltd.
- Amy Meath, MD, Lakeview Clinic, Ltd.
- Judith Ney, MD, Minnesota Perinatal Physicians
- Steven Rousey, MD, Minnesota Oncology Hematology, P.A.
- Timothy Schaefer, MD, Midwest Plastic Surgery
- Christian Schrock, MD, Infectious Diseases Minneapolis
- Sheila Seats, MD, Ridgeview Westonka Clinic
- Scott Sharkey, MD, FACC, Minneapolis Heart Institute®
- Lioudmila Sitnikova, MD, Urology Associates, Ltd.
- Neil Skemp, MD, Urology Associates, Ltd.
- Mary Trites, MD, Ridgeview Delano Clinic
- Jeffry Twidwell, MD, Urology Associates, Ltd.
- R. Paul Weatherby, MD, Western Suburban Pathology Consultants
- Donald Wothe, MD, Minnesota Perinatal Physicians
To research a Ridgeview or Ridgeview-associated top doctor, visit www.ridgeviewmedical.org.
About Ridgeview Medical Center
Ridgeview Medical Center is an independent, regional health care network serving the west-metro area. Its award-winning network includes the Waconia-based acute care hospital, numerous primary and specialty care clinics, emergency services, specialty programs and Two Twelve Medical Center in Chaska. For more information about Ridgeview Medical Center and its clinics, visit www.ridgeviewmedical.org.
Ridgeview Medical Center and Minnesota Monthly