Highway 41 closure begins June 11
Both directions of Highway 41 between Hundertmark Road and Pioneer Trail will close to traffic as early as 5 a.m., Monday, June 11. This closure will be in place through early September 2018 to allow crews to widen the road from two to four travel lanes and to construct a pedestrian tunnel under Highway 41 near Lake Grace.
- During the full road closure, drivers will not be able to travel north on Highway 41 at Hundertmark Road or south on Highway 41 at Pioneer Trail.
- The marked detour/truck route uses Highway 212, Powers Boulevard and Lyman Boulevard. See the route.
- Expect delays throughout the project area through early September, especially during peak travel times.
- You may want to take the detour route if you're just passing through. Business access will be available at all times. Follow the local access signs.
- The intersections at Hundertmark Road and Pioneer Trail will be reconstructed under traffic. Lane restrictions will be in place at both intersections through early September, but they will remain open to traffic. See maps.
- Note that the Highway 41/Pioneer Trail intersection will be a three-way stop starting June 11 through early September.
- The Minnesota State Patrol will be on site at the Highway 41/Hundertmark Road intersection to monitor and assist with traffic control, as needed, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday during the full road closure.
For more information – including turn late details, detours, maps and timelines – please visit the project website.