Ridgeview expands telestroke, teleneurology programs
Ridgeview expanded its telestroke program to inpatient units and enhanced neurology services by offering a teleneurology program in emergency departments and inpatient units. These services are available at the three campuses (hospitals and emergency departments in Arlington, Le Sueur and Waconia) and at Ridgeview’s Emergency Department at Two Twelve Medical Center in Chaska.
Teleneurology consults: Are available in the Emergency Department or inpatient units from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week.
- Urgent consult needs for acute neurological conditions (other than stroke) are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Inpatient non-urgent consults during non-service hours will occur the next day.
These expanded services will provide:
- the ability to keep more patients closer to home;
- increased acuity of patients admitted to the hospital;
- increased coverage and continuity of services and care for neurology 24/7/365.