In partnership with Minnesota Perinatal Physicians (MPP), Ridgeview Medical Center offers comprehensive diagnostic services for a full range of fetal abnormalities, maternal health concerns and complications of pregnancy.
Advanced perinatology services at Ridgeview include:
- Consultation before pregnancy for women who have experienced a previous high-risk pregnancy or have an existing complication that may put them at risk for a complicated pregnancy
- Consultation regarding the mother’s medical conditions or pregnancy complications
- Targeted ultrasound (Level II) and amniocentesis
- Genetic counseling
A patient may be referred for a targeted ultrasound if she:
- is 35 years or older at the time of delivery
- has a disease such as cancer, lupus, diabetes, hypertension or asthma
- is carrying a baby with abnormalities or syndromes
- has suffered a previous pregnancy loss
- is at risk of delivering prematurely
- has been exposed to environmental toxins or potentially harmful medications during pregnancy
- has a family history of genetic disease
- has a multiple pregnancy
- has a drug addiction
- has experienced problems with previous pregnancies
Minnesota Perinatal Physicians values the role of the primary care provider in caring for women with high-risk pregnancies. MPP emphasizes timely and open communication and works with primary care doctors to develop and manage a plan of care.
MPP providers see patients at Ridgeview Medical Center in Waconia and Two Twelve Medical Center in Chaska. Referrals are required for perinatal appointments.