With Ridgeview Rehab Specialties (RRS), individualized assessment and treatment is part of every patient's care. All of our therapists are board certified and licensed by the State of Minnesota; our team also offers therapists with advanced training in a number of specialty areas:
- Hand therapy
- Pediatric Rehab
- Adaptive equipment/assistive technology
- Wheelchair seating
- Home safety and environmental modifications
- Low vision
- Cardio-pulmonary care
Occupational therapists have studied human growth and development with an emphasis on the social, emotional and physiological effects of illness and injury. These licensed professionals treat the full spectrum of patients—from infants to elders—who suffer from an injury, illness or another deficit that may impair their functional abilities in their everyday lives.
Occupational therapy (OT) can help patients regain, develop and even build the essential skills needed to function independently and at the highest level possible. In short, occupational therapy “makes doing possible” by bringing all of the pieces together for patients who need help.
OT treatments may include, but certainly is not limited to:
- Instruction in using adaptive equipment and techniques, or environmental modification to ensure successful completion of daily activities
- Activity analysis of specific task performances
- Assessment and treatment of insufficient cognitive skills necessary to function safely or independently in a home environment
- Therapies for a specific dysfunction that may impact daily life
- Treatment for acute upper-extremities, including splinting and postoperative care, which may be impairing normal functional use.