Using the most advanced technology and equipment available, our on-site women’s imaging services include:
- Bone Densitometry—High-tech X-ray scans help assess a patient’s bone health and detect osteoporosis and/or the likelihood of developing fractures.
- Mammography—Provides X-ray examination of the breast to aid in screening and diagnosing of breast cancer and related breast conditions.
- Ultrasound—Sound waves that produce images of a patient’s body organs and tissues can help identify abnormalities in breast tissue, the uterus and the abdomen, as well as venous clots in the extremities.
- Lymphatic Mapping & Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy—A radioactive tracer and blue dye are injected into the affected breast; these agents are taken up by the lymphatic channels and travel to the first lymph node(s) in the axilla to receive lymph fluid from the tumor. This node is the one most likely to contain cancer cells if a cancer has spread.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy—Using mammography with computer guidance, a needle is inserted into a patient’s breast lump or breast tissue, and samples are removed for evaluation.
Special additional services, provided free of charge to Ridgeview and affiliate-clinic patients, include:
- Breast self-examination instruction
- Information on breast disease and treatment
- Coordination of care
- Referrals to support and rehabilitation services
- Access to clinical research studies
- Community education programs
Preparing for your mammogram at Ridgeview
Experts recommend monthly breast self-examinations and clinical breast exams every three years after age 20; a baseline mammogram between ages 35-40; and annual clinical breast exams and annual mammograms after age 40.
To schedule a mammogram at Ridgeview, please call Imaging Services at 952-442-2191, ext. 5628. Be sure to schedule your test during a time in the month when your breasts are not normally tender (i.e., following your menstrual cycle). Inform the scheduler if you have breast implants. Wear a two-piece outfit to your appointment, as you will be asked to undress from the waist up. Ask the Ridgeview information desk attendant for directions to Imaging Services; Please arrive 15 minutes early to register, and bring any physician paperwork that pertains to the procedure.
Be sure to call if:
- You cannot make it to your test
- You get sick with a severe cold or flu or have a temperature over 100 degrees F. The test may need to be rescheduled
- You have questions or concerns about your test