Ridgeview Hospice provides a special kind of care for Twin Cities residents who are in the final stages of life. Hospice care seeks to meet the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of both the patient and family with pain and symptom management as top priorities. Hospice care can be provided in the patient’s home or at the Marie Steiner Kelting Hospice Home. This Ridgeview residential hospice facility is the first of its kind in the west metro of the Twin Cities and is located on Lake Bavaria in Chaska. This hospice residence also provides general inpatient and respite care, in addition to daily hospices services to hospice patients and their families.
"The information I received from Ridgeview Hospice was so helpful ... and the staff kept her (my mother) comfortable and checked on her all the time. After Mother died, the hospice social worker called me ... to make sure I was okay. Death is hard, but the experience was easier because of the hospice program. I thought it was so wonderful that I decided to become a hospice volunteer myself. I’m happy that I can help someone else the way Ridgeview Hospice helped us."
"The services you provided allowed us to carry out our father’s last wish, which was to die in the same house he was born and lived in. Thank you so much for all you did for our entire family."
"Everybody was so kind to not only my sister but my entire family. When they say hospice is a special kind of care, they are serious about this."
"The Hospice team was great! I wish we had started hospice sooner because it took a lot of pressure off our family."
"Hospice allowed us to help honor our mother's last wish, to remain living in her own home until her death."
Supporting Services at Ridgeview
Skilled Care Facilities
Hospice care is usually provided in a patient’s or family member’s home, but it can also be delivered at area assisted-living and skilled-care facilities.
Hospice is a philosophy of care, not a place. The most common place in which hospice care is provided is in the patient’s or a family member’s home. Hospice care is also brought to people who reside in area assisted-living or skilled-care facilities. Ridgeview Hospice has contracts to deliver hospice care in 28 area skilled-care facilities, including:
- Arlington Good Samaritan Center
- Auburn Home, Waconia
- Auburn Manor, Chaska
- Augustana Chapel View, Hopkins
- Belle Plaine Lutheran Home
- Burns Manor, Hutchinson
- Cokato Manor
- Delano Golden Living Center
- Edina Care & Rehabilitation Center
- Elim Home, Watertown
- Excelsior Golden Living Center
- Friendship Manor, Shakopee
- Friendship Village of Bloomington
- Glencoe Regional Health Services
- Haven Homes, Maple Plain
- Hillcrest of Wayzata—Golden Living Center Wayzata
- Hopkins Golden Living Center
- Howard Lake Good Samaritan Center
- Lake Ridge Care Center, Buffalo
- Minnesota Valley Health Center, LeSueur
- Oak Terrace Health Care, Gaylord
- Presbyterian Homes, Eden Prairie
- Presbyterian Homes, Spring Park
- Sholom Home West, St. Louis Park
- St. Gertrude’s Health Center, Shakopee
- St. Mary’s Health Care Center, Winsted
- The Colony, Eden Prairie
- Waconia Good Samaritan Center
Home Medical Equipment
Ridgeview Home Medical Equipment offers a range of home medical equipment and supplies for people of all ages.
Education and Support (FHM)
Ridgeview Medical Center offers support programs to help you and your family cope with terminal illness. Contact Ridgeview Hospice at (952) 442-6030 or visit the Classes & Events section of this Web site for more information.