Ridgeview Medical Center invites family members and other guests to visit patients during their stay. However, people with colds, sore throats or other contagious illnesses should not visit patients.
General hospital visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. In order to reserve periods of quiet time and rest, Ridgeview has designated more specific visiting hours in certain units:
Cardiac-Intensive Care Unit (CICU)
Patient visiting will be restricted to the immediate family and significant others, allowing one or two visitors at a time. Visiting hours are flexible, depending on a patient’s condition. However, the patient rest period is from 1 to 2 p.m. on this special care unit, and no visitors are allowed during this time.
Special Care Unit (SCU) Rooms
Family visitors only; no visitors during rest periods from 1 to 2 p.m. Nonfamily members are permitted to be with a patient's family in the Family Room or visitors lounge areas.
Visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. for non-family members. New dads, siblings and grandparents may visit at any time. However, we ask that visitors after 8:30 p.m. use the Emergency Department entrance at the north side of the building and check in with the ED receptionist to obtain a visitor nametag.
Please note that parking is limited in the ED parking lot, so we ask you to park in designated Visitor Parking areas. A security escort is available after hours by dialing "0" from any internal phone.
Parents are welcome at any time. Other visitors are welcome from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 3 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Ridgeview asks all visitors to follow these general guidelines:
- To locate a patient or area, please ask a volunteer at the Information Desk in the main lobby.
- Visits should be kept brief, with no more than two visitors at the bedside at one time. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or other contagious illnesses should not visit hospitalized patients.
- Please check with the nurse before giving any food, beverages or medication to a patient, and before taking a patient to another part of the hospital.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room while care is being provided.
- Do not leave children unaccompanied in any part of the hospital.
- Please check with the nurse if you are planning to visit after 8:30 p.m. For the safety and security of our patients, we ask that staff and visitors wear name badges at all times. Remember to use the Emergency Department entrance at the north end of the hospital and park in the Visitor Parking lot. The Emergency Department lot is strictly for use of Emergency patients and their families.
- Because Ridgeview bans latex, only latex-free balloons (e.g., Mylar) are allowed.