Your safety is our #1 priority. Everyone has a role in making health care safe. Ridgeview’s staff is committed to safety as a top priority, and you can play an active role in your health care, too.
Be Prepared to Provide Information
- Information about allergies, including medication, food or others
- List of current medications and dose, including over-the-counter and herbal preparations
- Your complete health history
- Copy of your advance directive or living will
- Any other information you feel is pertinent to your care
- Your name and birth date (required before you receive medications or treatments)
Know About Your Caregiver
- Your caregiver’s name and title
- How to contact your caregiver if you need assistance
- Whom to contact following discharge if you should have questions
Understand Your Care
- The purpose, dose and side effects of your medications
- The purpose of all tests and procedures being performed
- The reason for and the type of surgical procedure being performed
- The instructions that you receive when you are discharged
Arrange for a family member or anyone of your choosing to speak to your physician, nurse or caregiver if needed.
“Please feel free to ask questions at any time. We are committed to providing a safe environment because you, our patient, are our No. 1 priority.”
Pat Michaelson, Vice President–Patient Care Services
Voice Your Concerns
Ridgeview encourages patients and families to voice any concerns to a member of their health care team (nurse, doctor or manager of the unit). Condition H, or Condition Help, is a nationwide initiative to encourage families to voice serious concerns about the care of a loved one or friend. Anyone can initiate a Condition H; and when it happens, the Condition H team, an ICU-registered nurse and a respiratory care practitioner, will come to the patient’s room to evaluate the situation and take appropriate action.
When to call Condition H
- If after speaking with a member of the health care team, you continue to have serious concerns
- There is a noticeable change in the patient and you feel that this change is not recognized
How to access Condition H
- Please dial “0”
- State, “I am requesting Condition H in Room ___.”
- The operator will activate a Condition H.
If you are concerned, we are too.
If you have any questions or concerns about Ridgeview’s Patient Safety Program, contact Nursing Administration at 952-442-2191, ext. 5015.