Providing the highest-quality laboratory services is our top priority. Accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), our laboratory is under the medical direction of a pathologist and is staffed by highly trained laboratory staff who adhere to strict standards of practice provided by:
- AABB, an international, nonprofit association consisting of approximately 8,000 individuals and 2,000 institutions. The association and its members promote the voluntary donation of blood. Its member facilities are responsible for collecting virtually all of the nation’s blood supply and transfusing more than 80%.
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Certified as a highly complex laboratory under Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) ID# 24D0400865
Testing not performed at Ridgeview Medical Center Laboratory is sent to one of the following excellent reference laboratories:
- Mayo Medical Laboratories (this is our primary reference laboratory)
- LabCorp (ViroMed) Laboratories for virology and serology testing
- Methodist Pathway Laboratories for histology special staining, mycology, parasitology and cytology testing.
- MedTox Laboratories for drug screens