Minneapolis (July 27, 2012)—Medica and Ridgeview Medical Center today announced the launch of Ridgeview Connect with Medica – an accountable care organization (ACO) option for employees receiving insurance coverage through Medica’s market-leading private health exchange, My Plan by Medica.
Under an ACO model, the provider and the health plan work together to improve the quality of care, reduce the total cost of care and optimize the consumer experience. The partnership between Ridgeview Medical Center and Medica draws on the strengths of the two organizations. Ridgeview is an acknowledged national leader in patient experience and satisfaction, while Medica is at the forefront of managing healthcare costs while ensuring better patient outcomes.
Ridgeview Connect with Medica offers personalized care through Ridgeview Medical Center, an independent, regional health care network including the Waconia-based acute-care hospital, numerous primary and specialty care clinics, emergency services and Two Twelve Medical Center in Chaska.
“Ridgeview’s participation in My Plan by Medica offers a tremendous opportunity for us to expand our commitment to providing high-quality, personalized care – at a lower cost – to our patients and the communities we serve in a five-county metro area and beyond,” said Michael Phelps, chief administrative officer, Ridgeview Medical Center. “This innovative partnership with Medica is exactly the kind of collaboration that is necessary to improve the access to and delivery of affordable health care, and we’re pleased to offer this option to people who live and work in the west metro.”
Said David Tilford, Medica’s president and CEO: “Our partnership with Ridgeview Medical Center is built on our shared commitment to excellent service and personalized care. Leveraging the strengths of Medica and the providers we partner with to create ACO products is at the core of My Plan by Medica. We are delighted to offer Ridgeview Connect through our private health exchange to employers and their employees.”
Ridgeview Connect with Medica is available to fully and self-insured employers beginning with an effective coverage date of Nov. 1, 2012. Members enrolled in Ridgeview Connect benefit from the following features:
• 24/7 urgent care – available at Two Twelve Medical Center in Chaska, Minn. Emergency care is also available at this site, and is provided by Ridgeview Medical Center in partnership with Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota.
• Same-day appointments – available at all Ridgeview primary care clinics.
• “Welcome to Ridgeview” call – members will receive a call from a Ridgeview Connect representative specially trained to answer questions, assist in selecting a primary care provider, transition medical records and prescriptions from other providers and schedule appointments.
• Free “Meet and Greet a Ridgeview Primary Care Provider” visit – members selecting a primary care provider can schedule a 10-minute visit to meet with a provider, at no charge, to discuss the provider’s practice philosophy and communication style to determine if they can work successfully as a team to improve or maintain the member’s health.
• Free “FIT” wellness class series or training session – members can choose to attend one free Ridgeview Rehab Specialties FIT program class OR one free one on one training session with a Ridgeview Rehab Specialties certified athletic trainer/physical therapist.
• Ridgeview Family Health Manager – a free online tool to help members achieve better health. Family Health Manager also offers a comprehensive health assessment, personalized wellness recommendations, information about health events and classes, links to local resources, an extensive library of health information and one place to organize health information for you and your family.
My Plan by Medica
My Plan by Medica is a private health exchange based on a defined contribution financing approach. Employers determine how much money they want to spend on employee health benefits and then allocate pre-tax dollars into a health account on behalf of each employee. The private health exchange, proprietary to Medica and powered by Bloom Health, allows employers to offer an integrated health plan enrollment experience for their employees – from making a plan selection to account administration and customer service.
Medica (www.medica.com and newscenter.medica.com/) is a health services company headquartered in Minneapolis and active in the Upper Midwest. The non-profit company provides health care coverage in the employer, individual, Medicaid, Medicare and Medicare Part D markets in Minnesota and a growing number of counties in North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Medica also offers national network coverage to employers who also have employees outside the Medica regional network.
Medica has the highest accreditation status, Excellent, from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA®) for its Minnesota Medicaid HMO plans and commercial health plans in Minnesota and North Dakota. Medica’s vision is to become the community’s health plan of choice, trusted for its integrity, respected for its service, and admired for its commitment to innovation and efficiency.
Connect with Medica on Twitter @Medica4Me and Facebook at www.facebook.com/Medica4Me.
About Ridgeview Medical Center
Ridgeview is an independent, regional health care network serving the west-metro area. Its award-winning network includes the Waconia-based acute care hospital, numerous primary and specialty care clinics, emergency services, specialty programs and Two Twelve Medical Center in Chaska. For more information about Ridgeview Medical Center and its clinics, visit www.ridgeviewmedical.org or at facebook.com/ridgeviewmedical.
Medica and Ridgeview Medical Center