Ridgeview Medical Center has been designated a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip ReplacementSM by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota.
According to Blue Cross Blue Shield, Blue Distinction® is a designation awarded to medical facilities that have demonstrated expertise in delivering quality health care. The designation is based on rigorous, evidence-based, objective selection criteria established in collaboration with expert physicians’ and medical organizations’ recommendations.
To receive this award, Ridgeview has demonstrated an expertise in quality care, resulting in better overall outcomes for patient.
To be designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, the following types of criteria were evaluated:
- Established acute care inpatient facility, including intensive care, emergency care, and a full range of patient support services with full accreditation by a CMS-deemed national accreditation organization;
- Experience and training of program surgeons, including case volume;
- Quality management programs, including surgical checklists, as well as tracking and evaluation of clinical outcomes and process of care;
- Multi-disciplinary clinical pathways and teams to coordinate and streamline care, including transitions of care;
- Shared decision making and preoperative patient education.
The Orthopaedics Program at Ridgeview Medical Center is a collaboration of Twin Cities Orthopedics, P.A., Ridgeview Medical Center and Ridgeview Specialty Clinic–Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Consultants. Ridgeview’s Center for Joint Replacement focuses on preoperative preparation, early and functional activity, and interdisciplinary teamwork in a group learning environment. An entire wing of the hospital is dedicated exclusively to joint care.
To learn more about this and other Blue Distinction designations, visit www.bcbs.com/. For more information about the Orthopaedics Program at Ridgeview, visit www.ridgeviewmedical.org/ortho.